glurb.com  (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum Happy Holidays

Go Back   glurb.com (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum > Iowa (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com) > Boone and Ogden

Boone and Ogden Boone and Ogden, Iowa Forum -- includes Madrid (in Boone County)

Old 02-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Glurbmeister

Default Boone County Flea Market

I saw advertised today on the Des Moines Craigslist under Collectibles that a new flea market will be starting this year at the Boone County fairgrounds. It said the market will run Saturday 9-4 and Sunday 9-3. The available dates start in May and run throgh December.
They are now taking reservations from vendors and people who want to sell their items.
Contact phone numbers are in the ad.

I think this is a great idea!!

I would even like to see an auction type thing to sell stuff like they used to do at the Perry Sale Barn.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:55 PM
Glurbanzo Bean

Perry sale barn-Oh what I would not give for that to be open again. I really miss the sales they had there. That is a great idea. A flea market would be alot of fun.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:43 PM
Glurbanzo Bean

Went to an auction a couple of weeks ago and talked to the auctioneer. She said that the buildings at the fairground was getting harder and harder to get-something seemed to be going on all the time starting next month. Maybe things will start popping again and we can get out and enjoy ourselves like we did Sunday in the nice warm weather. It is fun going to Auctions and flea markets and garage sales. Love them all.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:11 PM
junior glurber

Send a message via Yahoo to camper6699

Is this going to be every weekend from May to December? Or will it be, like most flea markets, just once a month? Flea markets are great for people watching kind of entertaiment.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Glurbmeister

I think it is from May to December. I am not sure if the Craigslist posting is still up on there or not. I did find out it will be $10 to rent a table (provided) inside and $10 for a space outside (provide your own table).
Can't do it in April - that is the big Humane Society sale at the Fairgrounds. I think it is the 2nd or 3rd weekend in April -- Can't wait for that either!!