glurb.com  (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum Happy Holidays

Go Back   glurb.com (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum > Iowa (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com) > Boone and Ogden

Boone and Ogden Boone and Ogden, Iowa Forum -- includes Madrid (in Boone County)

Old 02-15-2008, 06:44 AM
Glurbanzo Bean

Didn't a guy just get killed not long ago trying to go over open water-I would be afraid I would go right in! Ha! Well at least on the river they are away from the cars on the road-The ones who ride in the ditches are dangerous I think-We had a person go from one side of the road to the other side in fields yesterday right in front of us-I didn't see him till he was in front of us. It was so quick. I think if the kids are going to ride these there should be a class they should have to go through.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:15 AM
Glurbmeister

As far as I know 5 have been sunk in the DSM river so far this year - no deaths. I heard one guy broke both of his legs on his snowmobile in front of Orschelin's in the drainage ditch. I heard another guy totalled his sled on a culvert. I think there have been at least 3 snowmobile deaths this year. And that includes the guy that got killed on the Mississippi this year trying to cross open water.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Glurbanzo Bean

Oh it was the Mississippi-Wasn't sure where that had happened. Didn't know about the one in front of Orschelin's either. Seems like there are alot of snowmobiles up there.