glurb.com  (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum Happy Holidays

Go Back   glurb.com (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum > Iowa (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com) > Ames, Iowa

Ames, Iowa Ames, Iowa Forum -- includes Cambridge, Gilbert, Huxley, Kelley, and Slater (in Story County)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old 10-29-2007, 12:26 AM
Dude Soybean Dude Soybean is offline
Glurber
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 524
Default

El Azteca.....Huevas Rancheros (sp) The best there is.


IMY 10/29/05
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Ottoetta Ottoetta is offline
Glurber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 416
Default

went to pita pita for lunch today (next to cafe baudelaire) and it was so fabulous! huge pita filled with hummus and falafel, all the veggies you can cram into it, all for 3.69.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-30-2007, 01:01 AM
Ervserver's Avatar
Ervserver Ervserver is offline
O.G.
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,265
Default

really...I need to go there. DO they have any meat or is it all veggies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottoetta View Post
went to pita pita for lunch today (next to cafe baudelaire) and it was so fabulous! huge pita filled with hummus and falafel, all the veggies you can cram into it, all for 3.69.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Ottoetta Ottoetta is offline
Glurber
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 416
Default

they have chicken that's breaded and very tender--also gyros. i tasted the chicken and it was delicious. large portions, too. i think the chicken and gyros were still under $4.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-14-2007, 01:48 AM
Jo! Jo! is offline
I haven't posted much
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 15
Default

Mmmm, The Scallion.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-15-2007, 03:03 PM
jmmather jmmather is offline
O.G.
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,521
Send a message via Skype™ to jmmather
Default Cyclone Truck Stop

Speaking of Ames Restaurants, I see the Cyclone Truck Stop is closing. Anybody know why?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-15-2007, 03:23 PM
joyce
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmather View Post
Speaking of Ames Restaurants, I see the Cyclone Truck Stop is closing. Anybody know why?
OH NO!! My ISU student and his buddies will be DEVASTATED!!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-15-2007, 06:09 PM
Tarbox Tarbox is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 198
Default

MMM, I wish we had an Olive Garden here. That is what Ames really needs. I am SO addicted to their breadsticks!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-15-2007, 06:23 PM
softwarejanitor softwarejanitor is offline
Glurber
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton Crosby PhD View Post
MMM, I wish we had an Olive Garden here. That is what Ames really needs. I am SO addicted to their breadsticks!
You don't have an Olive Garden up there yet? Not that they are anything exciting as far as chain pseudo-Italian places go... I personally think Johnny Carinos is better as far as that sort of plastic ambiance place goes.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Tarbox Tarbox is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by softwarejanitor View Post
You don't have an Olive Garden up there yet? Not that they are anything exciting as far as chain pseudo-Italian places go... I personally think Johnny Carinos is better as far as that sort of plastic ambiance place goes.
I guess we will just have to agree to disagree, Goofy Gus!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THEIR BREADSTICKS. YUMMO!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 PM.


Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
I got a brand new pair of roller skates!