glurb.com  (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum Happy Holidays

Go Back   glurb.com (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum > Iowa (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com) > Des Moines

Des Moines Des Moines, Iowa Message Board -- includes the suburbs too!

Old 01-22-2009, 11:40 AM
I haven't posted much

Default IMAX

We're thinking about visiting family in Iowa in March. We've been to the Botanical Center a few times but were thinking about the Science Center this trip.

I see they have an IMAX theater there. Have you seen a movie there? Is it worth a trip (we won't have children with us on this trip).

Old 01-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Glurber

Send a message via ICQ to tammy11201959 Send a message via MSN to tammy11201959

Quote:
Originally Posted by allie View Post
We're thinking about visiting family in Iowa in March. We've been to the Botanical Center a few times but were thinking about the Science Center this trip.

I see they have an IMAX theater there. Have you seen a movie there? Is it worth a trip (we won't have children with us on this trip).

OH Yes, I enjoyed the 2 movies I've seen there, and also enjoyed the displays there as well!! You've probably already seen the website, but for those who haven't here it is!!!

www.sciowa.org

Enjoy your trip to Iowa!
Old 01-24-2009, 01:32 PM
junior glurber

Send a message via Yahoo to camper6699

Don't know where you're from Allie. But the Blank Park Zoo is nice. Also check with the Iowa Tourism Office to see what festival, etc., might be going on in Des Moines while you're here.

If you & the family are wanting some exercise check out the Greater Des Moines Volkssport Association (local American Volkssport Association chapter) for their Year Round or Special Events. I know there is a St Patricks Walk on March 14. Also there are 2 Year Round events you can do anytime.

Something else you could do is geocaching. There are close to 1000 geocaches hidden all around Des Moines & it's suburbs.