glurb.com  (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum Happy Holidays

Go Back   glurb.com (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum > Iowa (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com) > Ames, Iowa

Ames, Iowa Ames, Iowa Forum -- includes Cambridge, Gilbert, Huxley, Kelley, and Slater (in Story County)

Old 01-29-2014, 08:38 AM
Glurbanzo Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencers View Post
Looks like Aspen Leaf fro-yo is gone.
That one kind of was an odd idea. Gee, lets make a second frozen yogurt place a few months after the first opens, and lets have it in an odd location with much less visibility, and lets charge more for the exact same product!
Old 01-29-2014, 08:38 PM
glurber in training

Looks like Aspen Leaf got bought out by or is now a part of U-swirl, wonder if that has something to do with it. Their site still lists the Ames store.

http://u-swirl.com/
Old 01-30-2014, 12:55 PM
glurber in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute typer View Post
Didn't know it left MU. I also said it's prohibitive because of accessibility.

Random outbursts of irrational anger much? Are you a secret Rhonda account?
Anger? Try calling out someone who thinks they know everything. I hardly ever post on here but you are annoying. Way to be passive aggressive about it.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:04 PM
Glurbanzo Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ribsnwhiskey View Post
Chik-Fil-A left the MU years ago. You obviously get out a lot.

And since you seem to know everything, tell us exactly what is failing at NGM? Got any proof of this?
The failing of the NGM can be seen anytime you go down to Jordan Creek Mall. Take a look at licenses plates as you walk through the parking lot. You would be amazed at how many of them are from Story County. There is a reason why the Ames Younkers cannot sell the Polo line and the stores in Des Moines can.

I do not think that Cutetyper thinks that she knows everything. Opinionated yes, but know it all, no. Does it really matter when Chik-Fil-A went out of business in the Memorial Union? She went there a couple of times and she liked it.
Old 01-31-2014, 03:07 PM
Glurbanzo Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent655 View Post
That one kind of was an odd idea. Gee, lets make a second frozen yogurt place a few months after the first opens, and lets have it in an odd location with much less visibility, and lets charge more for the exact same product!
I agree. We went there once and it just seemed a bit awkward for some reason.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:17 PM
junior glurber

Send a message via Yahoo to mopar28m

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute typer View Post
Not only is the new, improved North Grand Mall already failing,

Long John Silver's is CLOSED! Their marquee says "Store is closed. Thanks for your patronage." What happened?

The manager said it was because they didn't have enough business.

Wendy's is closed on the west side too.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencers View Post
The failing of the NGM can be seen anytime you go down to Jordan Creek Mall. Take a look at licenses plates as you walk through the parking lot. You would be amazed at how many of them are from Story County. There is a reason why the Ames Younkers cannot sell the Polo line and the stores in Des Moines can.

I do not think that Cutetyper thinks that she knows everything. Opinionated yes, but know it all, no. Does it really matter when Chik-Fil-A went out of business in the Memorial Union? She went there a couple of times and she liked it.
Thanks, spencers. I appreciate it. Nothing like being sucker-punched. ribs, I'd like to take your insults personally, but I checked your other posts and you come out swinging in each and every one. So,,, pfft.

We walked through NGM last night and there are at least six empty shops. Three phone shops there, and another where old H&F used to be. And the spa and eyebrow place are just creepy. The extension by Kohl's had a half-full lot. Maybe the mall isn't going under, but I just can't see how it's flourishing.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:39 PM
junior glurber

http://www.kcci.com/news/some-carlos...-iowa/24901728

No more Carlos O'Kelly's.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:38 AM
O.G.

crazy, sudden business decline.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:43 PM
glurber in training

Seems like retail is hitting a bit of a rough patch, especially the stores/chains that have been declining for a while now: Everything must go:http://money.cnn.com/2014/03/07/news...tore-closings/