glurb.com  (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum Happy Holidays

Go Back   glurb.com (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum > Iowa (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com) > Boone and Ogden

Boone and Ogden Boone and Ogden, Iowa Forum -- includes Madrid (in Boone County)

Old 12-17-2013, 07:52 PM
junior glurber

Send a message via Yahoo to mopar28m
Default The Sports Story

Rumor has it that this placed has closed.

I heard they had a fire not too long ago.

Any idea on whats up?
Old 12-18-2013, 01:23 AM
Chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopar28m View Post
Rumor has it that this placed has closed.

I heard they had a fire not too long ago.

Any idea on whats up?
When it was the Giggling goat, had a very destructive fire to the roof, was rebuilt and then open as a bar with a restaurant when it wa first set up as a restaurant with a bar. You could drve by on weeknights and weekends and see that the bar/ restaurant concept fail. we went one ne of the frst nights opend as the Sports Story and you could tell it was mismanaged from the start. Didn't even think to stock tonic water for gin and tonics, staff not trined before hand on new computer menu ordering. food was ok with slow service. Bars are not doing well n Boone these days with no smoking, saw even Adoble closed well before the old limit of 2AM.

Hearing someone else is supposedly going to try and reopen it, hoping is restaurant first and bar second. Something like Jethro's would fit in with the already current bar look of the main room, but featuring food as a restaurant rather than a big bar with limited bar food. Former HyVee manager didn't have any restaurant experience to try and do this and it showed.

WHERE IS WRITTEN THAT ISU FANS SHOULD LOVE THE EASTERN IOWA BUMS & THUGS PARTY CENTER?

Mason, Barta and Ferentz are the Larry, Moe & Curly of the State of Iowa