glurb.com  (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum Happy Holidays

Go Back   glurb.com (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum > Iowa (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com) > Boone and Ogden

Boone and Ogden Boone and Ogden, Iowa Forum -- includes Madrid (in Boone County)

Old 04-05-2010, 10:01 AM
Glurbmeister

Thumbs up Boone Area Humane Society Sale

Time for spring cleaning!!

The 29th Annual Boone Area Humane Society Rummage & Bake Sale will be held:
Wed., April 21 from 6-9 p.m. with $5.00 admission charged at the door or buy a $4 ticket at the shelter before April 21 (children 7 & under free).
Thurs., April 22, 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. FREE ADMISSION
Fri., Apr. 23, 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. FREE ADMISSION
Sat., Apr. 24, 8 a.m. - 1 p.m. FREE ADMISSION

To Donate items for the sale: Bring them to the Boone County Fairgrounds on Saturdays April 3 (between 1 & 5 p.m), 10 and 17 (between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.). You may arrange to have items picked up on these same days and times by calling: 432-6100 (Jane), 532-6112 (the shelter), or 275-4151 (Flo). Donated baked goods may be brought to the Community Building on April 20, 21, or 22.

Sometimes we must say "No Thank You" . . . Some Items we are NOT ABLE TO ACCEPT are: large appliances, TVs, tires, humidifiers/dehumidifiers, paint, air conditioners, pianos/organ, waterbeds, gas grills, computers, monitors, microwaves, and any non-working items.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Glurbmeister

We took 3 truck loads of stuff there over the weekend. They were getting pretty steady drop off traffic the three times we were there. Already looked like some good furniture being donated among other goodies!!!!

YEAH, SPRING CLEANING!!! I still have more to take next weekend!! But of course, I will probably offset all my spring cleaning when I go to the sale and buy more stuff!! Oh well, such fun!!
Old 03-31-2015, 11:19 AM
junior glurber

Are they still having the Boone Area Humane Society Rummage & Bake Sale?