glurb.com  (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum Happy Holidays

Go Back   glurb.com (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum > Iowa (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com) > Boone and Ogden

Boone and Ogden Boone and Ogden, Iowa Forum -- includes Madrid (in Boone County)

Old 08-28-2013, 01:11 PM
glurber in training

Angry Boone Area Humane Society

Has anyone heard how the new director is working out at the humane society? I have heard a few things, and if true are a little disconcerting. A store in Boone used to have a large table of items for sale and all proceeds went to the BAHS. Evidently, the store was told they could no longer do that by the new director. Wow- really, turning DOWN donations? You would think they would be happy to get anything extra for the animals! I also heard several of the staff that had been there for some time quit also due to the new director. The last thing I heard was that the new director has issues with the Boone Vet Hospital and they have been assisting tha BAHS for years! Oh, I was also told a person who took some cats to the sheltet was told by the new director that if she brought any more cats in, they would all be put down. This does NOT sound like the type of person we need running the shelter and taking care of the animals! Was it a guy named Dave that ran it years ago, but was forced out due to wanting to press animal abuse charges on a relative of the member of the board? He was a GREAT director for the humane society, and quite frankly, I didn't see anything wrong with Heidi running it either. I just think the animals deserve the best!
Old 08-28-2013, 03:14 PM
junior glurber

A friend told me about 3 geriatric horses in Boone County with no shade...and have had no protection from the elements for months and months, in the winter, in the summer, no protection from storms or from blazing sunshine. The current BAHS Director does not feel this is an issue. What do you do when those with the authority don't want to help?