glurb.com  (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum Happy Holidays

Go Back   glurb.com (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum > Iowa (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com) > Boone and Ogden

Boone and Ogden Boone and Ogden, Iowa Forum -- includes Madrid (in Boone County)

Old 07-24-2013, 09:44 AM
glurber in training

Default Boone Co. Fair - terrible

This year's fair was Awful! No actual rides for the kids, only blow up stuff, that's a crock of sh*t! I heard the carnival over booked and the other story I heard was Boone did not want to pay for the carnival. Sponsors usually get tickets to all events, this year, they got tickets for one event. The tickets were ridiculously generic. I could have used my half ticket from the Separate Ways (Journey tribute band) to get in to the mud bogs on Sunday. The concert was good, but they will never be back as hardly anyone showed up- probably cause there was no alcohol served at the fair at all. I know the fair is supposed to be for the kids, if so, maybe they should actually have stuff for the kids to do! I heard most of the kids n families that had events to attend there left right after the event. Probably because there was Nothing to do!!!!!! And the mud bogs were so unorganized it was not even funny. You'd think after doing events like this every year they would have their act together but they didn't. How PATHITIC! Very glad I didn't have to pay for the events I attended. I could have heard and enjoyed listening to the concert from my house they were so loud!
Old 07-25-2013, 07:59 AM
O.G.

I think Puffer Drunk days is more popular then the boone co fair.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:48 AM
glurber in training

That's true. So why bother having a fair at all? Maybe they should just combine the stupid fair with Pufferbilly Days then.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:07 PM
Remember the Alamo

Did they used to have a rodeo during the Boone County Fair?
Old 07-29-2013, 03:58 PM
Glurbanzo Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50036 View Post
That's true. So why bother having a fair at all? Maybe they should just combine the stupid fair with Pufferbilly Days then.
So that you can complain about it. That is the only logical reason that I can think of.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:27 PM
Momma

Boone has a fair for the same reason Nevada has a fair, to qualify 4-H projects for the State Fair.