glurb.com  (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum Happy Holidays

Go Back   glurb.com (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum > Iowa (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com) > Des Moines

Des Moines Des Moines, Iowa Message Board -- includes the suburbs too!

Old 10-23-2011, 06:40 PM

Default Race For The Cure Draws 21,000

More...
Old 10-24-2011, 10:42 AM
junior glurber

Thumbs up

We ran the Race For the Cure this weekend for the first time. It was an amazing experience to see so many people coming together for a common cause. We didn't do the timed race, and it was a good thing, it took 20 minutes from the time the gun went off to even reach the starting line! It is amazing how slow 21,000 people move The t-shirts and outfits were a lot of fun, as were the bikers and cheerleaders lining the route playing music, clapping and doing cheers. Highly recommend participating next year if you are free that weekend! Great cause and a Great time!
Old 12-11-2011, 04:12 PM
Remember the Alamo

And how much did it cost you to participate?

A worthy goal everyone wants a cure for many different problems and diseases,billion have been raised/invested but only promises of give more money, we'll keep looking but like Jerry lewis said after he spent most of his life raising money for a MS cure "show me a cure"
The only thing worse than not finding a cure is sucking people's life savings dry promising there is hope. I know a man that is paralyzed and has spent every dollar he had and all his church can raise on miracle cures in Costa Rico.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:26 PM
junior glurber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
And how much did it cost you to participate?

A worthy goal everyone wants a cure for many different problems and diseases,billion have been raised/invested but only promises of give more money, we'll keep looking but like Jerry lewis said after he spent most of his life raising money for a MS cure "show me a cure"
The only thing worse than not finding a cure is sucking people's life savings dry promising there is hope. I know a man that is paralyzed and has spent every dollar he had and all his church can raise on miracle cures in Costa Rico.
I paid $30. I got a cool shirt and a great experience out of it. Best $30 I have spent in a long time!