glurb.com  (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum Happy Holidays

Go Back   glurb.com (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum > Iowa (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com) > Newton

Newton Newton, Iowa Message Board -- includes Colfax and Mingo (in Jasper County)

Old 02-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Remember the Alamo

Default skiff my ass

Nothing good about that place or the clinics associated with it .
Old 03-21-2013, 08:46 PM
Remember the Alamo

2 days ago a visitor fell at my deck big gash on her forehead blood everywhere, took her to Skiff, ER is full, both rooms, have a seat in the waiting room.

Today I was scheduled for surgery at Iowa methodist, all naked IV in blood work showed very low potassium get dressed, go home, see your family DR , the middle of the week he's off. Take the DR on call it's the big clinic with 20 Dr's, waiting ,waiting, getting pissed. I told the nurse to call methodist for the blood work but he has to do it again,

NOthing but bad experiencs at Skiff, 5 days there in the past, 1 shower,my room was never cleaned, piss all over the visitors restroom,for days, I couldn't stay in my room my roomie had a potty chair and stunk up the whole floor.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Chuck

Wow.....
Old 08-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Remember the Alamo

It's a small town hospital, my wife and myself were both in she with a broken arm from falling down the stairs, myself with a mini stroke, due to her telling staff I couldn't see or use one arm, I didn't notice it.

Her aunt a big contributor to skiff told staff I was abusive which was not true, my wife had eplisy
Old 10-25-2014, 02:20 PM
junior glurber

I thought I would get an mri at skiff instead of having to drive to Des Moines, little did I,Know it was DOUBLE the price! I will not go here if at all possible. Rip off! And piss poor service. All about the $.
Old 11-26-2014, 09:03 PM
Remember the Alamo

It's much nicer than it used to be I suffered mini stroke one hand was useless no way to move it just dead, I didn't call the $800 taxi, had a friend drive me the 6 blocks.

really nice private rooms and great room service/food now.
Old 11-27-2014, 09:35 PM
junior glurber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
It's much nicer than it used to be I suffered mini stroke one hand was useless no way to move it just dead, I didn't call the $800 taxi, had a friend drive me the 6 blocks.

really nice private rooms and great room service/food now.
True, nicer then before, but service has went downhill, and I think they hold you in E.R. for $$$. I was in Hosp. at Methodist west awhile back and their food would put ANY restaurant in Newton, and many in Des Moines to shame. Maybe when they merge with mercy, it will be even better?
Old 12-02-2014, 10:19 AM
Remember the Alamo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulenutn2o View Post
True, nicer then before, but service has went downhill, and I think they hold you in E.R. for $$$. I was in Hosp. at Methodist west awhile back and their food would put ANY restaurant in Newton, and many in Des Moines to shame. Maybe when they merge with mercy, it will be even better?
Actually the food was very good this time and available 24 hrs a day, any visitor can eat with you for $5 any thing you want if they have it.

All the rooms have been remodeled and are private no more doubles.
Old 12-05-2014, 09:13 AM
junior glurber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Actually the food was very good this time and available 24 hrs a day, any visitor can eat with you for $5 any thing you want if they have it.

All the rooms have been remodeled and are private no more doubles.
Have you heard anymore about the proposed merger?