glurb.com  (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum Happy Holidays

Go Back   glurb.com (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum > Iowa (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com) > Marshalltown

Marshalltown Marshalltown, Iowa Message Board -- includes Rhodes, State Center, Tama, and Toledo (in Marshall County)

Old 05-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Glurber

Default Tallcorn

Sounds to me like that place needs the wrecking ball put to it.That gal must not be to overly bright to list her phone number on the elevator wall.Maybe she could get a job at Big Earls on Iowa Ave. might pay better.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:38 AM
I haven't posted much

Supposedly Marshalltown's Imagine 2011 committee was going to address this matter. If you check the page for this http://www.imagine2011.com/ you will see that the Tallcorn was one of their "Big Ideas" to be completed by 2011. In my opinion they should do the same thing they did with the trailer park where the hotel is at. Give these folks a 1000 bucks a piece, give them 60 days to vacate, then gut the whole thing. It'd be great to see it renovated back into an upscale hotel downtown, like it used to be.

What will more than likely happen is Marshalltown's Imagine committee will put a bike rack and a new hanging basket out front and consider the renovating done. Seems like there is a lot of good ideas going around, but execution of ideas fails miserably if there is more than an hours work involved with the project.