glurb.com  (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum Happy Holidays

Go Back   glurb.com (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum > Iowa (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com) > Nevada, Iowa > Nevada Businesses

Nevada Businesses (looking for input)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Litterfeet Litterfeet is offline
I haven't posted much
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
Default Empty Donnelley Marketing Building

I have often found myself pondering over what would be the best thing for Nevada to do with the Old Donnelley Marketing properity that was gifted to the city. How much Aspestic is in there? I also have thought it would make a great YMCA. Olympic size pool, running track etc... Am I being realistic here?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-16-2010, 10:05 PM
blueskybob's Avatar
blueskybob blueskybob is offline
Momma
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,267
Images: 15
Thumbs up

Wow. I had never thought about using the old Donnelley building for those uses. But I have wished for years that Nevada had a community exercise facility and a year-round swimming pool.

Welcome to glurb, Litterfeet.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Litterfeet Litterfeet is offline
I haven't posted much
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskybob View Post
Wow. I had never thought about using the old Donnelley building for those uses. But I have wished for years that Nevada had a community exercise facility and a year-round swimming pool.

Welcome to glurb, Litterfeet.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Santa Claus's Avatar
Santa Claus Santa Claus is offline
Momma
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litterfeet View Post
I have often found myself pondering over what would be the best thing for Nevada to do with the Old Donnelley Marketing properity that was gifted to the city. How much Aspestic is in there?
Do you mean Asbestos?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Litterfeet Litterfeet is offline
I haven't posted much
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Claus View Post
Do you mean Asbestos?
\

LOL Got to love the grammar police. I stand corrected. Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-16-2010, 10:23 PM
blueskybob's Avatar
blueskybob blueskybob is offline
Momma
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,267
Images: 15
Default

I thought Litterfeet was referring to the business that is presently occupying part of the building.

"Aspestic" sounded like a plausibly business name.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Litterfeet Litterfeet is offline
I haven't posted much
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
Default

http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asbestos
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Santa Claus's Avatar
Santa Claus Santa Claus is offline
Momma
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskybob View Post
I thought Litterfeet was referring to the business that is presently occupying part of the building.

"Aspestic" sounded like a plausibly business name.
I thought it might be some kind of gelatinous concotion that I wasn't familiar with.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Litterfeet Litterfeet is offline
I haven't posted much
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santa Claus View Post
I thought it might be some kind of gelatinous concotion that I wasn't familiar with.

I googled 'gelatinous concotion'.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Santa Claus's Avatar
Santa Claus Santa Claus is offline
Momma
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,941
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litterfeet View Post
I googled 'gelatinous concotion'.
You're right, I misspelled Concoction.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 AM.


Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
I got a brand new pair of roller skates!