glurb.com  (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum Happy Holidays

Go Back   glurb.com (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum > Iowa (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com) > Ankeny

Ankeny Ankeny, Iowa Message Board -- includes Polk City (in Polk County)

Old 09-02-2010, 09:25 PM
I haven't posted much

Question cliques in Ankeny?

Hi, my husband and I are looking to move to Ankeny. We are in our 30's with small children. What are the best meighborhoos in Ankeny? Are there cliques or are people friendly and neighborly? We also were looking into Huxley but hear that it is very clique-ish. thanks
Old 09-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Momma

Got to be a friend to have a friend. Every town has its cliques. Make friends and someone will call you clique-ish too.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:53 PM
junior glurber

Default Huxley

Huxley is a smaller community so people get to know each other; neighbors, parents of your children's classmates, teachers, city staff, local business owners. Some people might consider that clique-ish but it depends on what you're looking for in a community. Huxley has much to offer; good mid sized school district, safe community. Before you rule it out you should visit schools, attend meeting of HEROS, stop in at city hall. I've lived in Huxley most of my adult life and don't think most people would consider me clique-ish or pretentious. We're mostly middle class reqular people