glurb.com  (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum Happy Holidays

Go Back   glurb.com (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum > Iowa (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com) > Grinnell

Grinnell Grinnell, Iowa Message Board (in Poweshiek County)

Old 07-19-2007, 01:36 PM
junior glurber

Smile New Topic....

Ok so we ran out of things to say about delongs so lets start something new. There are plenty of things to talk about in grinnell. The factorys, how the town is changing. Why in gods name did they change down town back to 2 ways that still messes me up. Come on people new topics....:clapping:
Old 07-19-2007, 11:15 PM
junior glurber

lets talk about the sub place...its yummy
Old 07-20-2007, 12:22 AM
Chuck

There's always the college, it seems they can't get enough Iowa kids to go there. With the high price of tuition and the fact that Iowa kids want to get as far away from home as possible its understandable.
Old 07-20-2007, 01:43 PM
junior glurber

Yeah, #1 reason is the cost. #2 is I heard it's not easy at all to get in the place and #3 Grinnell is up pretty high on published "Top Gay Cities" articles

how about that wal-mart? that has to be the poorest designed wal-mart I’ve ever been in, it feels like a 50,000SQ FT warehouse with no insulation when you talk and walk..but it's the size of a cracker box
Old 07-26-2007, 12:18 PM
Glurbmeister

Is that an old Wal Mart? that may be the reason
Old 07-26-2007, 01:16 PM
junior glurber

no, this wal-mart is brand new. outside of town on your way towards I-80
Old 07-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Glurbmeister

I wonder what had happened to Wal-Mart inc that they made the store the way they say in this thread
Old 10-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Glurbmeister

I like having a 24/7 Wal-Mart (My wife and I once bought curtains at 3am) but that being said, it's woefully underdeveloped. Often times we end up having to drive to Newton to visit their Super Wal-Mart simply because the selection in Grinnell is lacking. Also the Grinnell Wal-Mart lacks an optical cental, portait studio, and a large franchise fast food restaurant built-in. Wal-Mart missjudged Grinnell, I believe, in thinking we wouldn't make use of a "true" Super Wal-Mart.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:42 AM
I haven't posted much

It reminds me of a "factory" with the high ceilings and echoes. I don't like the feel of it. Robin
Old 12-04-2007, 05:03 PM
I haven't posted much

Thumbs down Grinnell Wal-Mart Gives Me High Blood Pressure! Avoid!

I only go to this store out of desperation. I wish everyone would shop elsewhere in town FIRST. Better yet, the whole town should boycott this store! The selection is NOT adequate and just when you get a product you like, they don't carry it anymore. They layout is bad and seems to trap you in there! It's very difficult to find help...just try to have paint mixed, get a video game or buy a fish! Good luck...it's a pain to have to walk all the way to the service desk to ask for help (unless you're not in a hurry and need the exercise)! Once, I needed paint mixed and could find NO one to help. I wandered around over half of the store looking for someone...all the checkers were busy...service desk had a line...my daughter and I tried to figure out how to use the intercom, without success(it has changed since I worked at the old Wal-Mart in 1985). In my wanderings I found 3 other people/couples who were also looking for help. We banded together and looked for help and cussed Wal-Mart!! Finally, I called Wal-Mart on my cell phone (luckily I had the number memorized since 1985!) and requested help for myself and everyone else. I almost felt like I had won a mini-war and saved my fellow shoppers and myself from defeat!! So finally, my expert advice is that you REALLY need to have a cell phone and nerves of steel if you shop at Grinnell Wal-Mart! WHEW! I feel better, but I wonder if anyone took the time to read this whole thing? Let me know or share your Wally World stories!!