glurb.com  (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum Happy Holidays

Go Back   glurb.com (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum > Iowa (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com) > Ames, Iowa

Ames, Iowa Ames, Iowa Forum -- includes Cambridge, Gilbert, Huxley, Kelley, and Slater (in Story County)

Old 11-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Glurber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarbox View Post
Fareway for meats, HyVee for sundries and produce (sometimes Wheatsfield for the veggies & fruits)

Damn I wish there was a Whole Foods here
shameless gloating on...

Whole Food's headquarters and their flagship store is located less than 20 miles from my house...

I like to call them "Whole Paycheck Foods" though... The other high end grocery stores around here like Central Market, Wheatsville and Sun Valley almost always beat them on prices.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:55 AM

Byerly's, Lund's, Kowalski's would all be Awesome and since Ames has such a new found air of snottiness running through it, they'd probably succeed fairly well here.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:40 PM
O.G.

Went in Aldis the other day, been awhile since I had. They have fixed the place up a bit, added more stuff. Nice
Old 12-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Glurbanzo Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarbox View Post
Byerly's, Lund's, Kowalski's would all be Awesome and since Ames has such a new found air of snottiness running through it, they'd probably succeed fairly well here.
When did you first notice that, Tarbox? It's been part of the Ames fabric since I moved here 20-some years ago.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Glurber

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcheeks View Post
When did you first notice that, Tarbox? It's been part of the Ames fabric since I moved here 20-some years ago.
20 years? It was like that in 1977 when I moved to Ames. What I could never figure out is why? There is little there to be snotty about with the exception of all the pollen during alergy season...
Old 12-05-2007, 04:28 PM
Glurber

Quote:
Originally Posted by softwarejanitor View Post
20 years? It was like that in 1977 when I moved to Ames. What I could never figure out is why? There is little there to be snotty about with the exception of all the pollen during alergy season...
Aren't you getting tired of trolling a message board for a city you don't live in? At best, it's just sad, and at worst, it's an indicator of some sort of mental illness. Then again, every message board needs a good troll I guess! Carry on!
Old 12-05-2007, 04:32 PM
Glurber

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops View Post
Aren't you getting tired of trolling a message board for a city you don't live in? At best, it's just sad, and at worst, it's an indicator of some sort of mental illness. Then again, every message board needs a good troll I guess! Carry on!
It can be explained by extreme boredom... Its only interesting because it is a city I used to live in and still know a few people who are there.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Glurber

Quote:
It can be explained by extreme boredom... Its only interesting because it is a city I used to live in and still know a few people who are there.
Perhaps you should find something more constructive to do with your time then.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Glurber

Quote:
Originally Posted by chops View Post
Perhaps you should find something more constructive to do with your time then.
Yeah, perhaps. It isn't like I'm the only former Ames person who posts around here though. My shameless gloating about having escaped is all intended in harmless fun, I don't know why you seem to take it so personally.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:01 PM
junior glurber

Quote:
My shameless gloating about having escaped is all intended in harmless fun, I don't know why you seem to take it so personally.
I find your "gloating" just plain annoying. If I wanted to live in Texas, I'd move there. Personally, I'd much rather live in Iowa!