glurb.com  (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum Happy Holidays

Go Back   glurb.com (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com): Iowa Message Board / Forum > Iowa (a.k.a. HeyIowa.com) > Ankeny

Ankeny Ankeny, Iowa Message Board -- includes Polk City (in Polk County)

Old 10-08-2007, 04:36 PM
Glurbanzo Bean

I think my GeekPricess calendar for 2008 was a knock off..
Old 10-08-2007, 09:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to GeekPrincess

BSB Yes I did, they refer to themselves as the NYC pursesnatchers

Danger I'm looking at my 7week old son and thinking you might wanna toss them pics
Old 10-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Remember the Alamo

Maybe the purses aren't fakes. Maybe they are real Pradas and Fendis (with a bad attitude ;))...just stolen.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Glurbanzo Bean

Doing a little more research into this.. There are items that are referred to as "grey items". Grey market items are legitimate manufacturer goods that are sold at lower prices overseas (it's hard to justify $60 an ounce for designer perfume in a country where the average income is 25 cents an hour), purchased overseas and then shipped back into the US in violation of the manufacturers distribution agreement. Some very large US retailers have been hit for this one, including Wal-Mart, but very little seems to come of it.

There are some absolutely amazing counterfits coming out of China right now, mostly because of lax enforcement in that country. Everything from Prada to Philippe Patek. Most US enforcement is at the Federal level. Seeing as how it's a non-violent crime, though, it gets lower priority than many other things.

Last edited by Nick Danger; 10-09-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to GeekPrincess

But these aren't even legit gray market. They are plain old fakes. Fashion design and marketing was my major. These are pure fakes.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:11 AM
I haven't posted much

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekPrincess View Post
They'e calling a 20$ purse from Thailand a true Coach, Prada, Fendi or LV. Those purses normally can run into the $1,000's. They are not a liscensed product. The companies they are being passed of as see no profit. They are telling these woman that they are the real deal though. I have no problem buying a knock off, but it's not fair to mislead people like that. And I looked it up, it is illegal. Some of them woman there were buying them as gifts for birthdays, college and weddings. Now how do you think they're gonna feel if their loved one trys to send it in for maintence or gets told it's fake? They'll probably be upset.
do you seriously believe that the women buying these purses actually think they're getting a true product for $20? i think you're the one who's mislead. i have been to many knockoff purse party's. i have had one myself. the guy who does the buying goes to china twice a year and buys tons of product. purse party's are well known and everyone knows that these are knockoffs.

seriously? any woman who thinks she's buying a true louis vuitton for $20 has got to be a complete moron. just because the woman may be saying they're genuine doesn't mean that her buyers believe her. if i was on her lawn and she was telling me they were genuine and $20 i'd think she was a nutball and i would buy up 3 or 4 purses and be on my way.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:07 AM
I haven't posted much

Shes not ligit she 100% fake but claimz they are real. She got busted a few mnths back for selling Coach. She then took them all out of the store and packed them into a trailor and started selling them from her and her sisters places. They kno wat they are doin and think they will get away with it all. They need to be completely shut down. Her name is Connie Koppa and her sister is Cathy Stowe the owner of Hairys Salon in Altoona. And the way I understand it they at times sell them out of the back room to people at Hairys. The prses are fake and so are the people selling them. Just sayin!